The New Internet: Web 2.0

Through my 21st Century Skills with Emerging Instructional Technologies Class, I learned about Web 2.0. Without it, the way that we communicate I believe would not be as advanced as it is today.


Photo from iplocation.net

What is Web 2.0

Before Web 2.0, Web 1.0 was entirely text, images, and hyperlinks without interactive content. The new and improved Web 2.0 comes in the form of blogs, social media, forums, etc. There are millions of people who are active on these platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and Twitter. Because of Web 2.0, news travel fast, people can interact worldwide, and the interactive web helps schools during the pandemic switch learning to online, while still maintaining the classroom vibe with useful websites such as Zoom, iLearn, Canvas, and the Google Docs and Slides. TLDR, collaboration and communication is made easier than ever. 

Musician Students


For musicians and students like me, I've come across Bandlab and other softwares such as Jamulus to recreate the rehearsals in live-time. Bandlab is similar to Logic Pro X, Ableton Live, and FL Studios (which I personally use), but in my opinion, I much rather prefer the Digital Audio Workstations as opposed to the online collaboration. Nonetheless, Bandlab is an easier method for those who are looking for the free and simpler route, and I recommend it highly to those who loves collaboration and rehearsals during the pandemic!




Reaching Families From The Other Side of the Globe




I believe that without Web 2.0, I wouldn't be able to interact with my family in the Philippines, Germany, Canada, or the other U.S. states. This year, my boyfriend attended a funeral through Zoom and Facebook by posting pictures and videos of floating blue balloons into the sky in commemoration of his cousin. Every year, I get to post pictures, giphs, and memos to family members during their birthdays, Christmas, Easter, and so much more. I get to see their daily lives and keep in touch with them through Facebook Messenger. TLDR, I get to keep in touch with family through varieties of social media and keep up to date with them, which I'm super thankful for!

Comments

Popular Posts